Now, scientists from the University of Portsmouth and Natural History Museum say the bird managed to return from the dead.
delivery | Whitebird
It's thanks to a rare event called iterative evolution, in which the process of evolution from a same ancestor is repeated along different points in history. In this case, the white-throated rail — a bird indigenous to Madagascar — had evolved to become flightless in different occasions separated by a few thousand years.
Around , years ago, sea levels fell due to an ice age, allowing the island of Aldabra to exist once again. The rails, which migrated to other islands including Mauritius and Reunion, also landed on Aldabra.
A once-extinct bird returns from the dead in a rare evolutionary twist
Should a rush delivery same day be required, we will be more than happy to do our best to accommodate your request. Please note, same day deliveries are shipped out F. B Whitebird's dock. Customer Pickup. Pricing :.
- Do It For The Kids;
- Next Life in the Afternoon: A Journey Through Thailand.
- Extinct Bird Comes 'Back from the Dead' After , Years After Evolving Again!
- Extinct species of bird came back from the dead, scientists find - CNN?
All pricing is in Canadian dollars. Postal Delivery Route Checker. A free return label will be included in your package.
- BBC News Navigation;
- Syntax of the Verb Phrase in Shakespeares English.
- Meet The Bird That Refuses To Die.
- From the USA and Canada to Italy and Japan!
Sign In. Create Account.
With a Pandora account, you enjoy easy checkout,exclusive offers, your personal wishlist and much more. Trending Now. All Disney New! Out of stock online Out of stock. Notify Me.